Projects and Talks
Well I had not written the weekly work log for the last week that is because the week was short (oh yeah thanks to all these bandhs our week got fluctuated and to be frank the week was only 4 days long) and second was my lazyness. Here goes the update * After a long discussion with Aravinda on "why productivity is reducing these days." We concluded the social network is eating up most of time. So decision was made and I closed all pinned tabs for Twitter Gmail Identi.ca and Friendica on my browser * After the above resolution I finished almost 4 chapters of Moder Perl within 2 hours!. Indeed Social networks kill the productivity.
I've really fallen in love with computerised bots, thanks to the wonderful KGB bot :-). So majority of my work on this week is on bots.
After thinking for a while I decided to re-write the dictionary bot which when release got an overwhelming response as see in the comments of above link. Few reason for re-write
Few changes which are already implemented include
Things remaining todo
Jakub Wilk suggested me to prepare a minimal version of suckless-tools for Wheezy which includes a patch to the bug #685611. And few minor changes which involve taking over the package and fixes in copyright file other than above mentioned bug. Hopefully release-team will be okay with these changes. I'm waiting for the upload to file an unblock-request.
I did face a problem I was halfway through wit suckless-tools_39-1 when Jakub asked me about this change and current repository was fresh one prepared for 39-1 and didn't have history for 38 version. First I thought of preparing separate repository for 38 version which was not an correct option, but I even couldn't play with current repository. So finally I renamed current version of repository to suckless-tools-39.git on collab-maint and prepared fresh repository suckless-tools.git basing it on 38-1 version.
From 39 version suckless-tools will be following 3.0 (quilt) source format and will not be working with git-buildpackage as the tool can't handle multi-tarball packages. Yes every tool involved in the package will have separate tarball from 39.
Well today I again worked on Jabber bot, but not the dictionary bot. This time its an SMS Gateway bot for Jonas Smedegard and the coding was done in Perl. Thanks to jonas I finally could apply what I learnt in Perl. Code may not be very elegant but it works :-).
And after hacking one full day in Perl now I'm not feeling very much interested to go back and hack on my own Python based dictionary bot :-). But I will anyway.
So that's it folks. Quite longish post hope you are not bored reading it :-). Well time for movie C'ya all with next weeks log.