Projects and Talks
After thinking a while I thought I should record my weekly FLOSS work and I'm starting by this week. This week I'm on vacation and in home town so I could give bit more time for my FLOSS activity. So here it goes this weeks work
* Fixed a RC bug filed on Debian-IN team
thanks to the timely patch from Kartik
* Filed an important bug on fonts-taml which was missing a dependency on fonts-samyak-taml and
fixed it myself :-) 687806
Both these packages are uploaded to unstable first RC bug was related to Debian Installer hence was unblocked before we could file unblock-request. Kartik filed an unblock-request and adsb unblocked it happily and both the packages landed in unstable.
* fonts-lohit-taml-classical is a new font for Tamil community developed by Lohit projects I don't know much about font itself but I cleared a wnpp bug with this package
* fonts-teluguvijayam is new package containing 3 Telugu fonts which is released by Department of
Information and Technology Andhra Pradesh. This package is pending upload and will clear wnpp
bug 669238 and is a pending upload.
* I finally cleared all review comments by jwilk on surf package and now 0.5 version of surf is in
Both these packages will be backported once Wheezy freezes. One pending wnpp is left on Debian-IN which I've left for Kartik to finish ;-).
I bumped version on dh-make-font to 0.3 now it accepts upstream URL with -u, --upstream switch this will be placed in Homepage: field of control file and in Source: field of copyright file. Probably I need to think of introducing xz compression to original source tarball where upstream is not giving any tarball and probably rewrite it using Perl so it can get included dh-make package. Already a bug filed to get it included in dh-make package 658154.
* Helped Jonas to fix a minor issue in boxer. I still have to figure out one issue on boxer and add ramfs support to boxer. If you see boxer commit log you can find a few Thanks to Vasudev Kamath but I still didn't commit anything directly which is now in my TODO :-) * Started learning Perl from Moder Perl book thanks to Jaldhar for pointing this book for me.
Well that is it for this week. Hopefully I will have new stuffs to put up here for the next week, till then Cya.