Temporary Solution for problem found in Mandriva 2009 installed on Compaq Presario CQ40
Hi folks as I mentioned in my last post about whisteling sound problem today I've come up with a solution. Thanks to our System Analyst who helped me to find the solution. Well here are the few things you need to do.
1. Launch the kmixer's mixer window
2. In Settings menu select Configure Channels
3. Select all the options in the selection window
4. You'll see all the controllers in the kmixer window
5. Mute Analog Loop back 1 & 2, PC Beep
You are done and the whisteling stops ;).
Well what actually we did is muted the microphone so your notebook still can play music without any problem. :D
And this particular problem is only found in Compaq Presario CQ40 series so go ahead with installation of Mandriva without any worries if you are using different notebooks ;)
Posted by: copyninja on Saturday, 3 January 2009